To see why senior dogs are awesome, check out Mahalia's info from the Buddy Dog website:
name is Mahalia! I am very friendly and mellow. I just arrived from
Puerto Rico. I am a mature lady so I am calm, well behaved and
housetrained. I am good with other dogs and cats too! I am super gentle
and sweet! For more information, please call, visit, or email the
shelter. Buddy Dog Humane Society, Inc. Sudbury, MA (978) 443-6990 or
|Introducing Thor as crazy puppy!|
We just met Thor, my brother & his girlfriend's new puppy at Thanksgiving. He's a 6 month old chocolate Lab/Rottie mix from a rescue down south. He's a great puppy, doesn't jump on people and is fairly well behaved. He still gets into everything!
|Thor: I chew dis! |
The Short List:
- Grabbed kids' toys to chew. Luckily could be redirected to squeaky chew toys.
- Grabbed shoes to chew. (Redirected to squeaky chew toys.)
- Chewed dropped napkin into clump of slime. (Redirected to squeaky chew toys.)
- Squeaked his way through dinner. (Needed to be checked at least 10 times when squeaking stopped. Their food was definitely cold.)
- Peed on my sister's new rug after 4 trips outside. (Really? Out of all the rugs, that's the one?)
- Wouldn't stop trying to play with Bailey, who WANTED TO KILL HIM! It was much easier to keep them separated than risk injury. (Not an exaggeration, Bailey once severed the ear of a neighbors' dog that didn't stay out of the yard. Luckily sister and neighbor are both nurses with lots of supplies. Still meant a trip to the ER vet.)
Nothing major, just usual puppy behavior. It's just exhausting to keep track of a puppy every minute, which is why senior dogs are such a great option. Especially pretty much perfect ones like Mahalia!
|Bailey agrees. Also agrees that other dogs should stay home when old enough to hold it through dinner.|