Saturday, December 8, 2012

Too big...


Are you serious? Do I look like a pack animal?

Duke: Ok, I'm little, I got it.   Maggie: Why are you wearing a duffel bag?
The other day I went to Buddy Dog Humane Society to drop off the Deluxe Fleece Pad that Kuranda sent us for being part of the Dog of the Month contest on their blog. While I was there I found a used Medium Ruffwear pack in the donation bin, and for a small donation it was mine! All the reviews I've seen say their gear is great, so I was pretty excited.

The Ruffwear site sizing is Medium for dogs that measure 27" to 32" around the widest part of the ribcage and Small for 22" to 27". They recommend choosing the next smallest size if in between sizes; of course Maggie is 27" and Duke is 30" (he's a little chunky).
I think we need a bigger dog.
Maggie: I sense embarrassment ahead.   Duke: I can't look, this is pathetic.
Maggie: I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna cry.
Adjustable harness with fleece strap covers and pack.

Harness, pack and 2 water bladders. (One is missing the cap. Did I mention it's FREE?)


Since the pack is way too big for the punks, we're giving it away!

I think it looks like an older model Palisades pack since it does have removable saddlebags and a heavy duty harness. It's in really good shape, aside from missing the cap on one of the water bladders.

If you have a bigger dog and are interested in a free used Ruffwear pack, please leave a comment below and Maggie and Duke will select a random winner next week!
Cocoa inspected

Ozzy inspected

Dude approved





12 comments:

  1. Cool. Don't include us as we are in the UK. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea and it looks like a great pack. But oh my goodness, it's big! I think that would have been sized for my Beau, not my Bella.

    Poor pups do look a little overwhelmed by it. ;)

    (PS - don't include us in the giveaway either - pretty sure Bella would swim in it like your kids.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, I love Duke hiding his eyes in embarrassment! :-D (Don't include me in the giveaway, ya'll are bigger than me!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a used a pack! Our pups aren't huge either but it could fit our current foster/future fosters I'm sure.
    Maggie does look a little humiliated. Ha, what cute puppers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always hard to judge the size of a dog through pictures. I thought Duke & Maggie were larger than they are :) Pauley used to have a backpack, but one of the fosters destroyed it. It was our fault for leaving it out though.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, it's not fun when things don't fit right is it?

    Just recently I got a few sweaters for Dottie and they are too small! She measures at 31 inches around her ribcage so I'm thinking I'm going to do a giveaway for them. Why not share them with someone else?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...I wonder if it would fit an Australian Cattle Dog? I've seriously considered a pack for a couple of mine. I always wonder why I have to carry everything when we hike and backpack. Hmmm....

    Your cats are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those packs look great, but we only have the kitties here! Someone is going to be really lucky to win that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The number generator picked Acd Pack for the pack!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahahhaha! If it makes you feel any better, I got Melvin one that was too small and it looked like a fanny pack! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, he's really sweet and truly hilarious.It is a Belgian breed, the smallest species sheepdog.When I see hem playing in the garden he looks like a little bear and sniffs the same way, but he can also look like a giant rat or even a bat!

    ReplyDelete