Tuesday, December 27, 2016
|View from the neighbors' driveway|
I debated about posting this here. So it takes my parents' house burning down to get me on Facebook. It happened on Friday, December 16th; I didn't want to post this earlier with everything going on plus the holidays. Here is a link to the local news story: http://hollistonreporter.com. They're okay & so is the dog, but everything else is gone. Mom won't look at pics or go back to the house yet, so I won't post pics from inside. They lived there since 1969, so this is really tough for them.
|So that happened.|
They're going to look at a place tomorrow that they can rent while the house is being rebuilt. It was tough to find a place that would accept a large dog, especially a giant schnauzer. They do have insurance, but aren't completely sure that it will cover everything. According to the fire chief it could take 14 to 18 months before they are back in a house on the property.
Three great neighbors set up the following Go Fund Me page, The Patt's Home Fire Recovery Fund, which has done more than we would have ever expected! People are amazing, from friends & neighbors to co-workers, blueberry customers and many anonymous donors. My parents are completely overwhelmed and grateful, my Mom says it has restored her faith in people.
|This was a white window candle.|
Mom had these white Christmas candles in every window. They were battery operated and have sensors so they would automatically turn on when it got dark. This one came on the night after the fire and was still lit in the boarded up house today. We're taking it as a good sign.
|Honey & Griffin|
|Griffin after the groomer!|